Be proactive in managing your organisation’s risk Your directors, board and audit committee are responsible for generating financial information from internal environment. Failure to do so can result in loss of income and reputational damage.
Our audit team does more than check compliance. We will alert you to any potential risks and advise on possible ways to improve your internal systems and processes.
Using the latest risk-based audit methodology and software, our efficient and cost-effective external audit and assurance services can help you by:
- Preparing financial statements audits (positive opinion)
- Preparing financial statements reviews (negative opinion)
- Formulating agreed-upon procedures
- Providing compliance opinions
- Reviewing your internal controls
- Reviewing your corporate governance
- Identifying, understanding and managing business risk
- Identifying and understanding technology risk
- Assessing due diligence
- Performing probity reviews.
Demonstrate good corporate governance Effective corporate governance is about more than policies and procedures. Your directors and board must be actively involved in decision making across your organisation, and for this they need reliable and timely information and advice.
Our internal audit specialists provide independent business advice to reassure your board they are appropriately discharging their responsibilities.
We can help your board and management demonstrate good corporate governance by:
- Measuring and improving business performance
- Identifying business deficiencies
- Reviewing board and sub-committee charters
- Reviewing strategic and corporate planning processes
- Assessing board and sub-committee performance, including individual director assessments
- Assessing board control including delegations and policy setting
- Preparing independent performance audits and valuations of specific activities
- Investigating allegations and complaints
- Creating a fraud-resistant structure.
How robust is your internal environment? Talk to us about a comprehensive risk assessment of your organisation’s business cycles, such as payroll, expenditure, revenue and asset management. We will also test computer controls and check compliance with legislative and policy requirements.
Maximise opportunity for your business. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Design your own investment strategy If you’re looking for more control and flexibility to plan your financial future, why not consider a self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF)?
With an SMSF you’ll be your own investment manager and responsible for making all the investment and administration decisions.
Our specialists in superannuation, taxation law and corporations’ law can help you with:
- Structuring your superannuation so that it’s tailored to your life goals and values
- Establishing your self-managed super fund
- Managing your fund’s compliance with the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 (SIS Act)
- Structuring your income streams tax effectively
- Outlining your insurance options so your premiums are paid from the best possible source
- Identifying strategic opportunities for investment
- Topping up contributions in your existing super fund in a tax-efficient way
- Planning for your super to go to your intended beneficiaries
- Assisting with fund transition to pension
Want flexible super but have no time to manage it? We can help you administer and manage your SMSF including maintaining accounting and member records and preparing annual pension fund paperwork. We will also prepare annual financial statements and maintain portfolio records.
With Mr Taxation’s superannuation advisor, you can rest assured you’re meeting all your taxation obligations. Secure your future.